Founded in 2018, Powell Engineering and Consulting is more than your basic civil engineering company. Owner, Todd D. Powell, P.E., has built his success and reputation on strong relationships.
He believes in trust, empathy, honesty, dedication, and hard work. He believes in infinite possibilities. He believes that the strength of a company is built on these values. Throw in technical expertise, efficiency, exceptional project management, and you have Powell Engineering and Consulting (PEC).
A 1997 civil engineering graduate from Oregon State University, Todd has over 20-years’ experience in the development industry. Prior to starting PEC, he was the Director of Engineering at a Southern Oregon design-build company, specializing in a wide range of commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential development projects throughout Oregon. During his six years as Director of Engineering, Todd led his team through impressive growth while sustaining a reputation for high-quality service, responsiveness, and technical expertise.
Prior to moving to southern Oregon, Todd served as Regional Director of Engineering for a civil engineering and land use planning firm with headquarters in Everett, Washington, and a regional office in Springfield, Oregon. He successfully managed over ten years of land development projects ranging from urban infill developments in the Puget Sound to large Rural Cluster Subdivisions in Snohomish County.
Todd is passionate about the built environment and how it interacts with his community. He is a strong believer in Low Impact Development (LID) and sustainability. He chooses Best Management Practices (BMP’s) that synchronize with his clients’ needs, the site’s characteristics, and the environment.
Strong Relationships and Infinite Possibilities. That is what you will find when you call Powell Engineering and Consulting.
PROJECT RELATED EXPERIENCE
Project Experience – Residential
- Lansing Partition, Grants Pass, OR [COMPLETED]
- Denn Partition, Medford, OR [COMPLETED]
- Mt Pitt Subdivision, Eagle Point, OR [COMPLETED]
- Arrowhead Business Center Multi-Family Apartments, Medford, OR [IN DESIGN]
- Amelia Way Partition, White City, OR [IN DESIGN]
- Schmidt Minor Land Partition, Phoenix, OR [COMPLETED]
- Day-Steeak Subdivision, Medford, OR [COMPLETED]
- Gold Hill Sewer Extension, Gold Hill, OR [COMPLETED]
- Seacrest Estates Subdivision, Brookings, OR [IN CONSTRUCTION]
- Kingsbury Subdivision, Medford, OR [IN DESIGN]
Project Experience – Commercial
- Vine Building Parking Lot and Tenant Improvements, Grants Pass, OR [COMPLETED]
- Storage at Exit 24 Phases 2 & 3, Phoenix, OR [IN DESIGN]
- Pioneer Market Place Commercial Subdivision, Medford, OR [COMPLETED]
- Talent Cellars Winery, Talent, OR [IN DESIGN]
- Jones Creek Storage and RV Parking, Grants Pass, OR [IN DESIGN]
- Heartland Express Fuel Canopy and Addition, Medford, OR [IN CONSTRUCTION]
- Retail Center at Crater Corners, Medford, OR [IN CONSTRUCTION]
- Combined Transport Industrial Building, Medford, OR [COMPLETED]
- Pioneer Center Parking Lot and Tenant Improvement, Springfield, OR [IN CONSTRUCTION]
- Nansen Investment Group Industrial Warehouse, Medford, OR [IN DESIGN]
- Circle K Mini Store and Fuel Station, Boardman, OR [IN DESIGN]
- Galveston Mini Store and Fuel Station, Bend, OR [IN DESIGN]
- Springbrook Mini Store, Car Wash, and Fuel Station, Medford, OR [IN DESIGN]
- Crater Car Wash, Grants Pass, OR [IN DESIGN]
- Braun Brush Industrial Building, Medford, OR [IN DESIGN]
- Exit 19 Mini-Storage Expansion, Jackson County, OR [IN DESIGN]
Project Experience – Public Entity and Non-Profit
- Phoenix High School Renovation and Addition, Phoenix, OR [IN CONSTRUCTION]
- Table Rock Elementary School Modular Classroom, White City, OR [COMPLETED]
- Orchard Hill Elementary School Addition and Renovation, Medford, OR [IN CONSTRUCTION]
- Ashland Middle School Addition and Renovations, Ashland, OR [IN DESIGN]
- Helman Elementary School Addition and Remodel, Ashland, OR [IN DESIGN]
- Walker Elementary School Addition and Remodel, Ashland, OR [IN DESIGN]
- Crater High School Parking Lot, Central Point, OR [IN CONSTRUCTION]
- Jewett Elementary School Addition and Remodel, Central Point, OR [IN DESIGN]
- Years of Experience – 21 Years
- Education – B.S., Civil Engineering Oregon State University (Graduated June 1997)
- Registered Civil Engineer: Oregon 56425 PE (2004) ; Washington 39396 (2002)
- Professional Memberships: Professional Engineers of Oregon; Allied AIA (#38763213)
- Oregon Association of Clean Water Agencies Stormwater Summit (Eugene, OR)
- Low-Impact Development in Puget Sound seminar for innovative stormwater management practices (Warm Beach, WA).
- Criticism and Discipline Skills for Managers Seminar (Eugene, OR)
- Water Resources Learning Center “Design of Storm Sewers & Pavement Drainage” Course (Portland, OR)
- “Stormwater Treatment for the Practicing Engineer” Short Course (Bend, OR)
- “Principals Bootcamp” Seminar by PSMJ (Seattle, WA)
- Contech “Stormwater Treatment” Seminar (Eugene, OR)
- Willamette Graystone Pervious Paver Conference (Eugene, OR)
- Past President, Springfield Toastmasters Club 3825
- Competent Communicator Award from Toastmasters International
- Certified Level II Inspector and Retrofit Technician for Timber Structures.
- Technical Writing Seminar (Grants Pass, OR)
- Rogue Valley Sewer District Certified Erosion Control Inspector Program (Medford, OR)
- Professional Land Surveyors of Oregon Floodplain Management Workshop (Grants Pass, OR)
- Modular Wetland’s Stormwater Treatment Technical Seminar
- PEO Leadership Seminar (Eugene, OR)
- OCAPA Concrete Education Seminar (Eugene, OR)